Called “one of the ultimate energy choices for the 21st century,” solar power is the cleanest and quietest electric technology available. An investment in a solar electric system offers many significant advantages.
With a solar electric system, you can:
- Reduce your electric bills because you no longer need to purchase as much power from your electric utility.
- Further reduce your bills through net metering, which credits you for any surplus solar electricity generated by your system.
- Stabilize your electric costs. The purchase of a system entails an up-front equipment cost, but the energy from the sun is free. So, the cost of generating your own electricity will be the same now as in the next 5, 10, 20 years or longer, over the life of the system.
- Enjoy an uninterrupted supply of electricity during power outages, if your system design includes batteries.
- Benefit the environment because solar electric technology generates electricity without producing any emissions.